The importance of achieving an accurate diagnosis.
There are more than
NEWLY DIAGNOSED METASTATIC PATIENTS
with unclear diagnosis in the U.S. each year1-3
IHC fails to identify an accurate diagnosis in
1 out of 3
DEFINITIVE DIAGNOSIS OF TUMOR TYPE DOES MATTER
A clear diagnosis is critical to inform treatment for patients with metastatic cancers of unknown primary (CUP). CancerTYPE ID aids in the classification of CUP tumor subtype and tissue of origin so that physicians and care teams can develop targeted CUP treatment plans.
||Drug Efficacy in Patients
||YES, for KRAS wildtype10 - 12
|Head & Neck
||YES, independent of KRAS status13
CancerTYPE ID Indications for Use and Limitations
CancerTYPE ID is indicated for use in tumor specimens from patients diagnosed with malignant disease and is intended to aid in the classification of the tissue of origin and tumor subtype in conjunction with standard clinical and pathological assessment by a qualified physician. CancerTYPE ID is not intended to predict patient survival benefit, treatment efficacy or to distinguish between benign versus malignant lesions. Tumor types not included in the CancerTYPE ID reference database may exhibit RNA expression patterns that are similar to RNA expression patterns within the reference database. This test was developed and performance characteristics have been determined by Biotheranostics, Inc. It has not been cleared or approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. This test is used for clinical purposes. It should not be regarded as investigational or for research. How this information is used to guide patient care is the responsibility of the physician. Biotheranostics is certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 as qualified to perform high-complexity clinical laboratory testing.
- Fong TH et al. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26 (Suppl):22159.
- Laouri M et al. J Clin Oncol. 2011;29(suppl; abstr e21103).
- CancerMPact, Kanter Health 2014.
- Anderson GG et al. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2010;18:3-8.
- Weiss LM et al. J Mol Diagn. 2013;15(2):263-269.
- Kantar CancerMPact®, (2014) Data for Stage IV Cancers.
- Chapman PB, et al. N Engl J Med. 2011;364:2507-16.
- Chapman PB et al. N Engl J Med 2011;364:2507-16.
- 9. Kopetz S et al. J Clin Oncol 2010;28(15s Suppl):abstract 3534.
- Di Fiore F et al. Br J Cancer 2007;96:1166-9.
- Lievre A et al. Cancer Res 2006;66:3992-5.
- Amado RG et al. J Clin Oncol 2008;26:1626-34.
- Bissada E et al. Int J Otolaryngol. 2013;2013:848021.
- Malka D et al. Lancet Oncol. 2014;15(8):819-28.
- Slamon DJ, et al. Science 1989;244:707-12.
- Bang, YJ et al., Lancet 376(9742):687-692, 2010
- Fisher B et al. N Engl J Med 1989;320:479- 84.
- Falkson CI et al. J Clin Oncol 1998;16:1743-51.
- Rusthoven JJ et al. J Clin Oncol 1996;14:2083-90.